Summerville and Charleston, SC, and the surrounding areas, whether it is time for a toilet repair or a toilet installation, Delk Plumbing can take care of you. After 40 years in business, we have plenty of experience in repairing toilets and doing toilet installations. If you are having problems with your toilet and need toilet repair in Summerville and Charleston, SC, or the surrounding areas, give our team a call at (843) 873-6331.
Why You Need Toilet Repair or Installation
There are several reasons you may need a toilet repair or new installation, some of which include:
- The toilet is leaking around the base. This could be because the wax seal has broken.
- It does not flush properly. This could come from a clog in the drain or not having enough water in the tank.
- The unit is always running through. This can happen when the flapper in the bottom of the tank becomes worn out and does not close securely or it could be a cleaning tablet in the tank that has gotten in the way of the flapper sealing properly.
- To save money on your water-sewer bill as the newer toilets today use less water to flush.
- For a more comfortable height if you have knee or back problems.
- There is a crack in the porcelain tank or toilet bowl.
- The handle is broken.
- Flapper and chain handle may be broken.
- Fill valve may need adjusting or replacing.
- Kit securing tank to bowl may be leaking and needing replacement.
Those are the main reasons for doing a toilet repair or installation in Summerville and Charleston, SC or the surrounding areas.If you have water constantly running through your toilet, or the tank is not draining properly, your repair will more than likely be inside the tank of your toilet. The components inside of your tank consist of a flapper, water fill tube, chain, float, and a handle. You can purchase these parts separately or in a kit.
One thing that can cause a flapper to deteriorate is chlorine. Most city water supplies contain chlorine, and if you use chlorine tablets to help keep your bowl clean, you are adding even more chlorine to your unit. A good plumber should have a toilet installation done in about one to two hours. Toilet repairs should take less time.
What to Look for When Buying a New Toilet
Before you go to buy a new toilet, measure the space from the wall to the hold-down bolts of the old toilet. This will ensure you get a toilet that will fit the space. Look for one that is the right height for you. Standard toilet height is under 17 inches and custom or comfort toilets are 17 – 19 inches. These measurements are from the floor to the top of the seat.
Does the store have the color that matches your sink and tub? You may wish to have a different color if you are remodeling the bathroom. So color is another thing to consider when purchasing a new toilet. You will also want to consider the amount of water it uses for flushing. Some styles require more water than others.
If you don’t want the hassle of shopping around for a toilet with the correct size and dimensions, Delk Plumbing has a stock room full of brand new toilets! Let us figure out exactly what toilet you need, and we can bring it with us in case yours needs to be replaced!
Whether it is a toilet repair or toilet installation in Summerville and Charleston, SC, or the surrounding areas, Delk Plumbing can take care of it for you. To schedule a repair service with us, give us a call at (843) 873-6331.