Full Service Installation and Repair
Summerville and Charleston, SC, if you need a garbage disposal repair call us today, we can get it fixed in no time. Delk Plumbing does garbage disposal repair and installations in Summerville and Charleston, SC and the surrounding areas. Schedule a service with us by calling (843) 873-6331.
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
There are signs that will alert you that your garbage disposal is getting ready to clog up or quit working. Knowing what to look for can help you get a repair done before it is too late. If you notice any of the following it is time to schedule a repair on your garbage disposal.
- If you have to push the reset button often for normal use there is a problem that needs repair
- Smells that are constant no matter what you do
- Takes a long time to breakdown food
- It makes an unusually loud grinding sounds as it works
These are all signs that you need to have your garbage disposal checked out and repaired.
What Not To Put in Garbage Disposal
Many people think that garbage disposal means anything goes in it, however, this is not true. The following should never be put in your disposal:
- Celery: The fiber is stringy and can wrap up and tangle up in your disposal blades; asparagus does the same thing.
- Grease that cools quickly and will stick to the sides of the drain pipe pinching the size of the pipe down catching more debris until it is totally clogged.
- Pits from fruit: Your garbage disposal is not strong enough to get rid of the pits found in fruits. These need to be thrown in your trash can.
- Anything metal.
- Though sometimes debated, most garbage disposals cannot handle eggshells and coffee grinds. Your unit may have instructions that detail what can and cannot be thrown in, however it is always better to err on the side of caution and not put these things in your disposal.
- Pasta or noodles.
Proper maintenance and use of your disposal are crucial to ensuring longevity.
Trying to Unclog Your Disposal Yourself
You can always try to clear a clog or fix your garbage disposal on your own, however, we wholeheartedly recommend calling our expert plumbers to come to your home and fix whatever issue you may be facing. Garbage disposal repair can be incredibly dangerous if you are inexperienced in how to properly work with it. Let your local, knowledgeable professionals take care of it for you!
The best thing to do, when facing a serious plumbing issue, is to call a professional plumber like those at Delk Plumbing. We have the proper tools and experience to do a garbage disposal repair in Summerville and Charleston, SC, and the surrounding areas, effectively. Give us a call today at (843) 873-6331 for repairs.