Clogged Drain Professionals
A clogged drain is dangerous. It is dangerous to your health if you just leave it with water standing in the sink or tub, and it is dangerous to the rest of your pipes and sewer. A clog that is not taken care of can cause pipes to burst, water to overflow to the floor, and cause bacteria and mold to begin to grow. Mold and mildew can cause lung illnesses or aggravate a lung issue such as COPD.
That is why you should never flush or rinse anything down the drain that does not belong in the drain pipes. That is also why it is important to have your clogged drain cleaned by a professional plumber like those at Delk Plumbing. Our plumbers will be able to clean the clog out and will also be able to detect if there are other possible problems like cracks in the drain pipe. If you have been having to repeatedly clean a clogged drain in Summerville and Charleston, SC, then call Delk Plumbing today at (843) 873-6331. We will quickly and efficiently clean your clogged drain, and we will work hard to get your home or business back in working order.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Clogged drains are usually caused by any of the following:
- Hair is one of the fastest drain clogs. This can be reduced by having screens over your sink and tub drains to prevent hair from entering the drain.
- Something in the pocket of clothing you wash in the washer and is drained with the wash water.
- Grease from pans you cook in. When you are done removing the food from the pan, you should pour the warm grease into a can or glass bottle and then take a paper towel to wipe the rest of the grease in the garbage before washing the pan.
- Not scraping leftover food particles from plates before washing them by hand or in the dishwasher. This will plug up your dishwasher pump too so always scrape your dishes and clean grease from your pans before running them through the dishwasher.
- Children’s small toys getting washed down the drain or toilet.
- Small lids from cosmetics or toothpaste accidentally dropped down the drain.
- Chunks of paper and other debris that should not be put down the drain pipes.
- Flushing cigarette butts or feminine items down the toilet.
Those are just some of the main reasons a drain becomes plugged up and you need to do a clogged drain cleaning. It can also be clogged because a drainpipe has a crack in it and something from the above list has caught in the crack making everything else hang up in the pipe.
When is it Time to Call a Plumber for a Clogged Drain Cleaning?
Clogged drain cleaning can be a chore. Sometimes you just cannot get the clog to break up and move on. There are a couple of different things you can do when trying to fix your clogged drains. One way is to use a plunger. It may take several attempts if the clog is not too bad before it finally breaks loose and continues down the drain.
If a plunger does not work, there are plumbing snakes that can be purchased; however, they will not be as strong or long as an official plumber’s snake. They do not always remove all the clog either. However, you can try that in combination with a plunger. This may last a little while but if you did not get the clog completely cleaned from the drain, it will return.
When is it time to call a plumber? If you have only removed the clog partially and your drain continues to run slow or it clogs back up quickly, it is time to call a plumber local in Summerville and Charleston, SC. Delk Plumbing is your local plumber provider for Summerville and Charleston, SC and the surrounding areas. To schedule a service, give us a call at (843) 873-6331.