Experienced Sewer Line Professionals
Summerville and Charleston, SC and surrounding areas, if you need sewer service and repair we have you covered. Delk Plumbing has years of experience and does sewer repairs. To find out more about our sewer repair services in Summerville and Charleston, SC, or to schedule services, give us a call at (843) 873-6331.
Signs You Need Sewer Repair
How do you know if you need sewer service and repair? Here are signs that your sewer may need service or repair:
- Slow drains: If you notice that your sinks and tubs are draining slowly, your pipes could be clogged, cracked, or broken. Clogs can be caused by roots that have grown into cracked pipes.
- Puddles of water on your floor or in the yard can indicate a large issue. Broken pipes can cause puddles to spring up just about anywhere the pipe runs. These puddles will generally smell bad and look dirty.
- Unusual, loud, gurgling noises when the water is draining that you have not heard before.
- Cracks in the foundation. A sewer leak can cause the soil to move around the foundation making the foundation crack.
- Nasty sewer smells in the house or outside the house alerts you to sewer problems. If your sewer pipes are not clogged or broken you should not smell sewer gas.
- Your grass being greener and lusher in certain spots than the rest of the lawn could be caused by the sewer leaking.
- Mold or mildew growing on the walls, ceiling, or floors. This can turn very expensive if it is allowed to continue, so you should have your sewer repaired as soon as possible.
These signs, when caught early, can save you from worse damage to your residence. It also helps you keep your water sewer bill from skyrocketing.
What to do if You Have a Sewer Problem
If you think you have a sewer problem do not run any more water than necessary. First, do a visual inspection of places you can see for puddles inside and outside on your property. If you cannot find anything suspicious but still think you have a sewer leak, you should call us at Delk Plumbing who does leak detection and repair. Getting a professional out is crucial! make sure that is your first step when experiencing a sewer issue. Second, you can try using a plunger; however, if that does not get the drain or toilet draining it is time to call a plumber. Our plumbers will have a snake that they can run down the drainpipe to clean the clog out. The sooner you call a plumbing service the better. It will keep you from having more costly repairs of the sewer and or your home or building.
What if the Sewer Line is Underground?
If the sewer line is underground, our professional plumbers at Delk Plumbing, will have to uncover the pipe that is cracked or broken. Once the area has been uncovered and the pipe found, the plumber will replace the piece that is broken.
If it turns out that you have the old clay type lines you should consider replacing all of the sewer lines as it will continue to break. The clay lines have a life span of about 50 to 60 years. Since the 1980s, PVC lines have been used, and their lifespan is around 100 years.
Summerville and Charleston, SC and surrounding areas, if you need a local plumber who does sewer repair service be sure to contact Delk Plumbing. With 40 years of experience in the field of plumbing and a master plumber license, we are your neighborhood plumber. Also, we carry a triple-A rating from the BBB and several Super Service Awards from Angie’s List, and we have been Voted #1 Plumber in Summerville by the local residents through the Summerville Journal Scene!
You can be sure we will act quickly and efficiently to fix your sewer issue so you can get back to normal. Call us today at (843) 873-6331 for sewer repair in Summerville and Charleston, SC.
- Backflow Prevention Installation We can install backflow prohibitors to prevent water line contamination with backflow.
- Clogged Drain Cleaning Call us today if you have a clogged drain anywhere in your home. We’ll clean it fast and effectively.
- Garbage Disposals If you have a clogged or broken garbage disposal, give us a call to repair it.
- Main Water Line Repair Any leak in a main water line needs to be repaired as soon as possible to avoid problems like contamination.
- Plumbing Leak Repair Our team is highly experienced at finding and repairing leaks no matter where they are in the system.
- Sewer Line Repair Call us anytime there is damage to a sewer line to get quick, effective repairs.
- Toilet Repair and Installation Does your toilet constantly run? We can diagnose the problem and get it repaired quickly.
- Whole House Repiping If you have an older home, you may need to have the plumbing system re-piped.