The purity of your drinking water is an important aspect of your home. Homeowners in the Summerville and Charleston, SC area have long since taken the matter into their own hands with whole home water filtration systems. At Delk Plumbing, Inc., we are here to install, repair, and maintain the water systems to ensure they continue to work properly. Not only do these units improve the water quality in your home, but also they can help you save money and create an eco-friendly plumbing system.
Are your water quality issues attributed to hard water? Be sure to ask about our water softener services today!
Types of Water Filtration Systems
Depending on your home and your personal preference, there are many different kinds of water filtration systems that can be installed. The different kinds of systems can depend on factors such as your budget, needs, and again personal preference.
Take a look at the different types of water filtration systems below:
- Charcoal filters are one of the most common types and have a low cost.
- Sediment filters are better if you have well water.
- Water distillers use several different methods to filter your water.
- Reverse osmosis filters are capable of producing bottle-worthy water.
- Alkaline water filters use a charge to remove any negative particles.
- Ultraviolet water filters use light to change the makeup of your water.
- Magnetic water filters use magnets to reshape your water.
- Infrared water filters passively reshape the structure of your water.
- Catalytic water filters use resin beds to attract toxins.
Before any water filtration system is selected, our plumbers will often test the water in your home. This will provide us with a snapshot of the potential water quality issues you’re dealing with, allowing our plumbers to choose the right system for your specific water.
Maintaining Your Water Filtration System
As we mentioned above, each of these filtration systems is different. This is also true of their maintenance and care. The specific maintenance and upkeep for your Summerville or Charleston, SC home filtration system will vary. In some cases, homeowners are able to take care of the chore themselves. In other cases, a professional is recommended to handle it.
Here are some common maintenance procedures for different types of filtration systems:
- Carbon Filters: Carbon filters become dirty the quickest. They will require replacement more often.
- Reverse Osmosis: The membrane of this filtration system will also need to be cleaned or replaced more often. What's more, the pump will need to be serviced occasionally, as well.
- Water Distillation: This particular water filtration system has several moving parts. Two of which will need to be cleaned and/or replaced often.
- Ultraviolet: With this system, the maintenance will be related to the bulbs which will need to be changed periodically as they burn out.
At Delk Plumbing, Inc., our goal is to provide you with a full-service experience. Because of this, we not only offer water filtration installation services but also ongoing care and maintenance to ensure your water quality is always at its best.
Poor water quality can easily deteriorate your plumbing. Ensure your home isn’t suffering from a leak with our expert water leak detection and repair services.
Your Water Quality Pros
Delk Plumbing, Inc has been a member of the Summerville and Charleston, SC Community since 1978. As a locally owned and family operated company, we understand first-hand how water quality can impact your home. Not only does it create dangerous water conditions, but also it can lead to pipe deterioration, clogs, and other repair concerns. With a water filtration system in place, you’ll enjoy cleaner water, longer appliance lifespans, and an eco-friendly solution for your plumbing system.