Your sewer line is an important part of your plumbing system. With that being said, it can also come with its fair share of issues. Unfortunately, locating the problem in the line can be difficult even for the professionals. This is why our experts at Delk Plumbing, Inc. use a camera scope to inspect your sewer line. Not only will this determine the exact location of the repair, but it can also help our plumbers find any other issues in your plumbing system. For homeowners in the Summerville and Charleston, SC area, opting for this sewer line repair method is the best way to enjoy a long-term solution to your sewage concerns.
Once we find your sewer line issues, be sure to work with your plumbers for all your sewer line repair needs.
Reasons to Get a Sewer Line Inspection
A clogged drain is not the only reason to have a sewer line inspected with a camera. There can be many other issues that are happening below the surface that require some attention. Other issues a sewer video inspection can detect include:
- Clogged Drains: A single clogged drain is usually fixed quickly with an auger or hydro jetter. If you have multiple clogged drains in your home, however, this could indicate an issue with the sewer line.
- Slow Drains: Slow drains, like clogs, are also an indication that there is a deeper repair needed. Again, this is more of a concern if there are multiple ones in the home.
- Plants: Plants that are growing close to your sewer line could cause damage due to their roots growing into the pipe.
- Leaks: Leaks in a sewer system are not the typical dripping leaks you will find in your home. Leaks in this pipe can cause your yard or basement to flood. You may also notice brighter than normal grass.
- Sewage Smell: If there is an overwhelming odor of sewage around your yard in the bathrooms, this needs to be inspected.
- Backflow: wastewater that is pushing its way back into the home is a serious issue. This will require immediate attention and a camera inspection completed.
- Age: Finally, if your sewer line is older than 25 years, you should have it looked at for general condition and damage.
Benefits of Sewer Video Camera Inspection
Sewer issues can cause a lot of damage, costly repairs, and stress for the homeowner. At Delk Plumbing, Inc. we recommend having your pipes inspected by one of our professionals on a routine basis, especially if you experience frequent clogs and repairs.
With that being said, there are several benefits to having your sewer line inspected with a camera such as:
- Mineral Build-Up: Limescale and mineral build up in your pipes can be a gradual issue. Inspections with a camera can catch the issue before it becomes a major problem.
- Roots: Using a camera scope will also show any signs of root intrusion in your sewer line.
- General Condition: Especially in the case of older pipes, an inspection to check for the general condition is important.
- Future Repairs: Camera scopes can also find signs of damage that could cause future repairs.
- Extended Life: Finding and eliminating issues before they become too big will extend the life of your system.
- Unnecessary Work: A pipe inspection will be able to pinpoint the location of the issue causing lower repairs costs as the technician will know exactly where the problem exists.
If your plumbing issues are severe, a simple repair may not be enough. With our whole-home repiping services, you can enjoy a full system upgrade for your entire home!
Why Choose Us
As the #1 voted plumber in the Summerville community, Delk Plumbing, Inc. is a reliable and expert plumbing service. Our goal is to always provide you with accurate solutions, which is why we rely on sewer inspection cameras. Not only does this allow our plumbers to locate any problem areas, but also it allows us to provide you with a more complete repair solution. When it comes to plumbing repairs, we aim to provide you with a long-term fix you can depend on. We are a locally run and family-owned business that provides each customer with care, respect, and quality craftsmanship.