A clogged toilet can be an inconvenience for homeowners. This is especially true if the clog is consistent and won’t go away with standard plunging. Unfortunately, a lot of homeowners also use chemicals to unclog the block; however, this can actually cause more harm than good. In the long run, you are better off relying on the experts to help you with the situation. If you live in the Summerville or Charleston, SC area, give Delk Plumbing, Inc. a call for assistance. As your expert clogged toilet repair and installation pros, you can count on us to get your toilet flushing again!
The best way to keep your plumbing flowing freely is with routine drain cleaning services. We offer convenient scheduling so you never have to worry about clogs again!
Common Causes of Clogged Toilets
A toilet with a consistent clogged can be due to many different factors. Regardless of the reason, the situation can be stressful, inconvenient, and embarrassing at times. Overall, if the clog is not eliminated by standard plunging, a professional is going to be needed to remove the block.
Some of the common causes of a clogged toilet include:
- Foreign Objects: The only things that are meant to be flushed down the toilet are toilet paper and wastewater. Anything else like sanitary products, food, oil, or grease should be thrown away to help avoid clogs.
- Mineral Build-Up: Mineral buildup, also known as limescale, can build up inside your pipes. The limescale will cause your pipes to narrow which can cause your toilet to back up.
- Sewer Line: Another cause of a clogged toilet is your main sewer line. This is a blockage that is deeper in your plumbing system and will require the help of a professional.
- Venting System: Although less likely, the venting system can also be the culprit. Vents are the helping hand of gravity within your plumbing system. It allows the wastewater to flow downstream and away from your home. When there is an issue with the vents, you can have a clog.
How Is Professional Drain Cleaning Done?
When homeowners come across a clogged toilet, they will typically try the basic solutions first. Things like plunging and hot water are coming home remedies that can release a blockage. Unfortunately, stubborn clogs are not always as easy to get rid of. In that case, you will need the help of a professional to relieve the situation.
Once a technician is onsite, they will start by doing some plunging of their own to see if they can remove the clock. If that does not help a high-powered auger or even a hydro jetter may be used to eliminate the blockage. Typically, this will eliminate the situation, but not always.
If the block is deep within your main sewer line or you have multiple clogged toilets in your Summerville or Charleston, SC home, this could be due to a blockage in the main sewer line. In that case, a camera scope and a pipe inspection will be performed in order to pinpoint the exact location of the block so that it can be removed.
Tips for Avoiding a Clogged Toilet
Our customers in the Summerville and Charleston, SC area will tell you that a clogged toilet is something that they do not want to repeat. Thankfully, there are some tips that you can go by in order to avoid this situation from happening again in the future.
- Avoid flushing any food including oil and grease down the drink.
- Throw all sanitary products, napkins, paper towels in the trash.
- Try to use a smaller amount of toilet paper.
- Don't allow children to play in or around the toilet.
- Avoid using chemical de-cloggers.
- Have your pipes and plumbing system inspected regularly.
With a little bit of care, you can easily avoid a toilet clog. If, however, it does happen, skip the frustration and put your trust in our drain cleaning pros. No matter the cause, our expert technicians have the tools and expertise needed to get your toilet flushing again in no time!
Do you live in an older home? It could be the cause of your frequent clogging issues. Take a look at our whole home repiping services to see if it is the right fit for you.
Your Toilet Repair & Replacement Pros
Delk Plumbing, Inc. has been the number one voted plumbing company in the Summerville area 5 years and running. Our locally owned and family operated business is relied upon to perform quality workmanship and excellent customer service. Not only can we help with common clogs, but also we offer toilet installation services. This is a great opportunity to add value and comfort to your home while also resolving your clogging issues once and for all!