If you are a resident of the Summerville and Charleston, SC area and you’re thinking of remodeling your bathroom, there is no better ally than Delk Plumbing, Inc. Our technicians are ready and available to assist you in sink and faucet replacement, tub replacement, and shower installations. All of these fixtures combined can turn an old and updated bathroom into a luxurious spa experience right in your own home.
Does your water heater still provide the same level of hot water you are used to? If not, it could be time for an upgrade and replacement.
When Should You Replace Your Bathroom Sink?
There comes a time in every bathroom’s life when the sink is no longer up to your standards. This can be due to several different reasons, but at the end of the day, replacing the fixture will be the most effective and satisfying way to upgrade your bathroom to a place you want to spend time.
Here are some signals you can look for that indicate it is time for a new sink:
- Outdated: One of the most common reasons homeowners have for upgrading their sink is because it is outdated. Older style sinks can look dingy in a new space. Updated models can save on water consumption and come with convenient smart features you can take advantage of.
- Stains: It is not only dinginess over time that can cause unsightly stains. Limescale or hard water build-up can leave white scaly residue around your fixtures that are hard to remove.
- Cracks: Porcelain sinks are prone to cracks over time. Not only are these dents and fissures not appealing, but they can also be hiding places for bacteria and allow water to leak through.
- Leaks: Sinks are a great place for leaks. This is especially true for older and outdated sinks that can waste hundreds of dollars per year on wasted water.
Not only do fixture replacements help resolve many of the issues above, but also they can easily add functionality and comfort to your bathroom. Our plumbing pros always listen to your needs, finding you a personalized solution for your bathroom.
Choosing Your Bathtub Option
Replacing your tub can have more than just aesthetic effects. It can turn your bathroom into a relaxing and soothing place after work, on the weekends, or any time you can slip away to enjoy a nice long soak. With that being said, there are many different styles of tubs available.
Take a look at these options that are popular among our Summerville and Charleston, SC customers:
- Alcove Tub: This is the most common type of tub we are all familiar with. It is typically a shower/tub combo and is enclosed by walls on three sides. Although this type of tub is standard and about getting the most out of your space, a new installation can be the equivalent of a facelift for your bathroom.
- Free Standing Tub: This type of tub is usually the old-fashioned clawfoot tub. Though they are beautiful with an antique accent, they are also the most expensive and can have exposed plumbing attached. You will also need a considerable amount of space if you want to make it a truly “freestanding” option.
- Drop-In Tub: A drop-in style is the more modern version of the free-standing claw variety. This tub is usually situated on a platform or peninsula that is built by a carpenter. They come with their own rim and are more expensive than alcoves, but still cheaper than free-standing.
- Corner Tub: This is a large bathtub. This whirlpool-like spa is good if you are bathing in pairs or more. As the name suggests, they belong to the corner of the room but have five sides, not three. They are also more expensive than drop-ins, though still cheaper than free-standing. Also, they tend to consume a lot more water.
- Undermount: This last option is the most expensive and lends an air of luxury. This bathtub is set lower in the space and mounted with waterproof material. It gives the illusion of being sunken into the ground. This is the least common type of tub and will take a lot more to install.
Make sure your plumbing system can keep up with your new bathroom. Ask about our whole home repiping to see if pipe replacements are the right option for you!
Why Should You Replace Your Shower?
Showers, unlike tubs, have a more practical purpose, although that does not mean they should fall beneath the radar in a bathroom remodel. Whether you want to go for standard and traditional or updated options with smart features, Delk Plumbing, Inc. can help find the right option for you.
Take a look at some of the benefits of upgrading your shower:
- Smart Features: Many showers now come with smart features. Things like Bluetooth speaks and even TVs are available.
- Water Pressure: Over time, your shower may lose pressure due to mineral build-up. A new shower can fix this problem.
- Aesthetics: One of the more obvious reasons is appearance. A new standard shower will add to the overall look for a bathroom, however, glass doors, stone tiling, etc. are also popular.
- Fixtures: Not only are there a wealth of fixtures to choose from, but showers are not available with overhead spouts, dual faucets, and even dual-wall faucets to take your shower to the next level.
- Repairs: Finally, repairs are another way you will be benefiting. Leaking showers can cause many issues and increase your water bills. New systems will eliminate these issues.
Many homeowners in the Summerville and Charleston, SC area have taken advantage of our bathroom remodeling services. At Delk Plumbing, Inc. we work with your design ideas and budget in mind, creating that ideal oasis in your home.