Even with the best care and upkeep, at some point, every homeowner will have to deal with plumbing issues. If you are in the Summerville or Charleston, SC area, you need to find a reliable plumbing company that you can trust. Here at Delk Plumbing, Inc., we are committed to providing quality craftsmanship, excellent service, and long-lasting plumbing solutions. Whether you’re dealing with a clogged toilet or a damaged water heater, our plumbing contractors are here to help you!
Here are some of the services we can help you with:
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Main & Burst Pipe Repair
- Gas Leak Detection
- Gas Line Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Hydro Jetting
- Sewer Line Services
- Sewer Video Inspection
- Repiping Services
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Clogged Toilet Repair
- Sump Pump
- Slab Leak Repair
- Water Softeners
- Water Filtration Systems
- Backflow Installation
- Commercial Plumbing
The best way to avoid unexpected plumbing issues is with routine maintenance. One way to get the ball rolling is with ongoing drain cleaning, the simplest way to keep your plumbing clog-free!
Signs Your Water Heater Needs to Be Replaced
The water heater in your home is an important part of your everyday life. It allows you to have warm showers, clean dishes, and fresh laundry. Unfortunately, water heaters require maintenance and care for them to continue to work properly.
Luckily, there are some signs you can keep an eye out for that will indicate your water heater is in need of repairs:
- Insufficient Heat: If your water heater no longer heats your water to the correct temperature, and you have checked that the settings are correct, this could be an indication that your water heater is in need of repair.
- No Hot Water: This is a fairly obvious sign that your water heater is in distress. If you find you do not have any hot water available, call for assistance right away.
- High Energy Bills: Another example of a poorly-performing water heater is an increase in your energy bills. When your unit needs to work harder in order to warm the water, it will consume more energy while doing so.
- Heat Time: Water heaters that take an extended amount of time to heat the water usually have some sort of repair that is needed.
- Appearance: Water that has a rusty color, a metallic taste, or an odd smell, is an indication of mineral buildup. Usually, the sediment will back up in your hot water tank causing the water to taste, look, and smell odd.
- Poor Water Pressure: Finally, low water pressure is another indication of trouble. Again this is typically caused by mineral buildup in the tanks or pipes.
Don’t wait until you’re taking a cold shower to realize you need a water heater service. At Delk Plumbing, Inc. our staff is available for water heater repair and replacement services, which can keep you and your family comfortable!
Benefits of Drain Cleaning
If you live in the Summerville or Charleston, SC area, we recommend that you have your drains cleaned on a routine schedule. This is basic plumbing maintenance that can save you and your home a lot of time and stress. Your drains are a significant part of your piping system, and if they are not in good working order they can cause a lot of damage.
Drain cleaning can have many benefits. Take a look at some of our customer’s favorite perks to this plumbing necessity:
- It reduces the likelihood of clogs.
- It keeps your pipes and plumbing system free of debris.
- Drain cleaning can alert you to other damages.
- It will eliminate slow drains.
- Drain cleaning can decrease or eliminate foul odors coming from your drains and toilets.
- It can rid your pipes of tree roots.
- Reduce emergency repair situations.
When Should You Opt for Hydro Jetting?
A hydro jetter is a handy tool plumbers use to remove stubborn clogs. They are especially helpful if you have more than one blocked appliance that has a clogged deeper in your mainline. Hydro jets use a high-pressure stream of water to loosen and eliminate any blocks in your pipes.
When basic plumbing does not do the job, a technician wielding a hydro jet is your best bet. Take a look at some of the reasons you may need to have this service performed:
- Stubborn Clogs: As mentioned, if you have a clogged drain or toilet that is not being relieved with basic plumbing, hydro jetting is the answer.
- Multiple Clogs: The same goes for multiple clogs. Typically, if there is more than one blocked toilet or drain in your home, this means an issue with your main drain line.
- Slow Drains: Slow drains are another reason for hydro jetting.
- Hard Water: If you have hard water in your home, the sediment buildup in your pipes can cause slow and narrow pipes. Hydro jetting can remove this buildup.
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure can be caused by many different things. Having a technician use a hydro jet to clean out your pipes will restore the pressure.
If you live in a low-lying area, a sump pump is a necessary expense. This pump is designed to rid your home of rain and floodwaters, and can help protect your home!
Why Choose Us
Delk Plumbing, Inc. is an experienced and trustworthy plumbing company in the Summerville and Charleston, SC community. We are a locally-owned and family run business dedicated to offering customers top-quality services that always exceed your expectations. Whether you’re looking for help with routine upkeep or you want to upgrade your home with new appliances like a tankless water heater, our staff is by your side.