Are you a resident of the North Charleston, SC area? Then you know there is no good time to have a plumbing issue. This is especially true if you have a water heater that is not working or drains that are slow to empty. These issues can not only be an annoyance, but they can also be inconvenient, costly to repair, and can potentially cause severe repairs. At Delk Plumbing, Inc., our goal is to provide you with top-rated plumbing solutions that not only fix your issues but do so for the long-term!
Don’t just take our word for it. Visit our reviews page and let our past customers speak to our work quality.
Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair
Water heaters can break down and fail at the most inconvenient times. There are many different factors that contribute to the wear down of parts and clogs that can cause different issues. Whether you have a propane or electric water heater, it is important to be aware of what is normal and what is not, so you do not end up taking a cold shower first thing in the morning.
Take a look at these signs below that can indicate your water heater is in need of repair:
- Increased Energy Costs: If your water heater is working too hard to produce heated water, you may see an increase in your electric or gas cost.
- Long Heat Time: If you have to wait longer than normal for hot water, this can indicate that your system is failing.
- Low Water Pressure: Low water pressure is typically caused by a buildup of minerals in your system. It will block the water from getting to your faucet autocorrect pressure.
- Inefficient Heat: Another indication that your water heater needs repair is if the water is not heated to the right temperature. That being said, you also want to make sure that the setting on your unit is correct before calling for assistance.
- Odd Noises: Water heaters typically cycle on and off as they heat your water. If you notice any loud noises, this indicates trouble.
- Pilot Light: In the case of a propane unit, a pilot light that is any color but blue is not a good sign. If you notice a yellow or green flame, you should reach out for assistance immediately.
In addition to water heater repairs, we also offer upgrade options, including high-efficiency gas and propane water heaters, along with tankless options for those energy-conscious homeowners.
Signs Your Need Your Drains Cleaned
Having your drains cleaned is important. Doing so can reduce your risk of clogs, slow drains, and other issues that can affect your plumbing system. Residents of the North Charleston community should have a technician perform this task on a routine basis. However, knowing the warning signs of a clogged drain issue can help you get service before you’re dealing with an emergency.
Call our plumbing contractors if:
- You have clogged drains and/or toilets.
- You have slow drains.
- There are tree or bush roots growing into your piping system.
- There is a smell of sewage on your property or in your home.
- You have hard water with mineral build-up.
- Water is backing up through your toilet or drains.
- You have multiple clogged toilets or slow drains in the home.
- You have reoccurring clogs or slow drain.
- Other multiple or reoccurring issues with your piping system occur.
Even the smallest blockages can cause a number of issues in your plumbing system. With routine care and maintenance, you can enjoy long-term solutions to your plumbing needs.
Want to save on your next plumbing service? Be sure to visit our coupons page!
Expert Plumbing Help Is a Call Away!
At Delk Plumbing, Inc., we have been the trusted plumbers in the North Charleston, SC area since 1978. As a locally-owned and family-run business, we provide top quality service to all of our clients. We are available to assist you with electric and propane water heater installation, repair, and maintenance, and are also certified to handle drain cleaning services, gas line repairs, and slab leak detection. No matter the plumbing issue you’re dealing with in your home, you can count on our pros for help!