Every resident in the Mount Pleasant, SC area will have to deal with some sort of plumbing issue from time to time. Whether that be with your water heater, your drains, or your toilets, the timing is never convenient. These plumbing issues are less stressful if you have a reliable company to fall back on. Delk Plumbing, Inc. has been the number one plumber in the area for five years and running. Our technicians are ready to assist you and can help keep your plumbing system running as efficiently as possible.
Don’t just take our word for it. Be sure to visit our customer testimonials page to hear from our satisfied customers.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
Like any other appliance, your water heater is not going to last forever. Typically, a water heater will last from anywhere from 15 to 20 years depending on many factors. Things like maintenance, general care, and general use can make a difference in how long the unit will last.
Over time, we have learned that homeowners have a hard time determining when the right time is to install a new system. With that thought in mind, take a look at the signs that it is time to replace your system:
- It takes a long time for your unit to heat the water.
- Your energy costs have increased.
- The water is not as hot as it once was.
- You have frequent repairs.
- There is a mineral buildup in the tank and unit.
- You have low water pressure.
- The water heater is reaching the end of its life span.
- The cost of a single repair is half of the cost of a new unit.
- The pilot light is no longer blue.
- The system makes loud banging noises.
- There are leaks in the system.
While a water heater replacement can seem like an unexpected experience, many new units offer plenty of benefits. For starters, high-efficiency systems can help lower your energy costs without affecting performance. Additionally, with a new water heater, you can opt for a larger tank, giving you more hot water than ever.
How Is Professional Drain Cleaning Done?
Having your drains cleaned is an important aspect of plumbing maintenance. We recommend that residents of the Mount Pleasant, SC area have their drains cleaned once every year to two years. When our technician is on-site for this service, the first thing we do is turn the water off to your pipes. We will then go through the drain and use a tool called a hydro jetter to clean out your pipes.
A hydro jet is a high-pressure stream of water that can cut through most debris that can cause a clog. These things include grease, oil, hair, tree roots, mineral build-up, and any other debris that could cause a block in your plumbing.
In some cases, our plumbers will also use a camera scope to take a closer look at the inside of your pipes. This inspection will allow us to see any damage that has been caused or any repairs that could be imminent. All in all, drain cleaning can be done in as little as two hours, and it can reduce the risk of clogs, slow drains, and possible floods. It can also catch future repairs.
Tips to Avoid Clogged Toilets
A clogged toilet is one of the most common service calls that we receive in the Mount Pleasant, SC area. After doing the usual plunging and hot water “at home” tricks, many residents will become frustrated and need to reach out for help. What's more, clogs that occur in more than one toilet or as a recurring issue can be more difficult to deal with. Overall, however, the one thing that these situations all have in common is that residents do not want it to happen again.
To keep your toilets working as they should, take a look at these tip for avoiding clogs:
- Do not flush any oil or grease down the toilet as it will not be washed away by water.
- Do not put any food in the toilet.
- Place any sanitary products, napkins, etc. in the trash.
- Do not let children play near or around the toilet where toys could potentially fall in.
- Use a restrained amount of toilet paper.
- Do not use any chemical drain cleaner as it can make the situation worse.
- Nothing but toilet paper and waste should be flushed down the toilet.
- Have regular maintenance performed on your plumbing system.
Looking for more helpful tips to implement in your home? Be sure to visit our news and media page to hear from our expert plumbing contractors.
Reliable Plumbing Care
Delk Plumbing, Inc. has been a member of the Mount Pleasant, SC community since 1978. Our technicians are trained and experienced in all plumbing repairs, installations, and maintenance. We are a family-owned business that relies on excellent customer service and quality craftsmanship to assist our clients in keeping their plumbing system working properly. Whether you’re dealing with an urgent issue like a burst pipe or simply need a plumbing company to help with routine care and upkeep, we’re here to help!