Plumbing repairs can come in many shapes, sizes, and they can happen at any time. If you own a home in the Ladson, SC community, you need a trusted professional to call when these piping system repairs happen. At Delk Plumbing, Inc., we are committed to keeping every resident of the community safe and happy. We are available for all of your water heater, slow drain, and clogged toilet repairs, plus any other issues that may arise. Our goal is to provide a long-term solution that you can count on.
Don’t just take our word for it! Be sure to visit our customer testimonials page to read what our past customers had to say about our service!
Know When to Replace Your Water Heater
There comes a time in every water heater’s life when it will need to be replaced. Like any other machine, your water heater has many moving parts that can wear down and eventually fail. Residents in the Ladson community have long since trusted Delk Plumbing, Inc. to service all of their water heater needs.
In order to keep your hot water flowing as it should, the most important thing is to know when the right time is to replace your unit. Take a look at these signs that your water heater is getting ready to fail:
- Age: The overall age of your system is important. Water heaters typically last anywhere between fifteen and twenty years.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of your water heater should also be a consideration. If the water no longer gets as hot as it should, this could mean it is time for it to be replaced.
- Time: The time it takes for your water to heat is also a factor. Older or damaged systems will take longer to heat the water.
- Water Pressure: Water pressure is a very common reason for homeowners to replace their unit. In general, it is the mineral buildup in your tank and pipes that are going to lower the pressure.
- Costs: If you have noticed a spike in your energy bills, this could be due to your water heater. If the unit is struggling to perform as it should, it will use more energy thus raising your rates.
- Repairs: If you have had frequent repairs on your water heater, it is a sign that you need to have it replaced. As a good rule of thumb, if your water heater is three-quarters of the way through its lifespan, and the repair costs are half the cost of a new system, it is more cost-efficient to replace it.
At Delk Plumbing, Inc. we specialize in all water heater installations, including gas and electric systems, along with point of use water heaters. Hot water is not a luxury, but a necessity for every homeowner in Ladson, and our plumbing staff is here to help!
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Do you know the last time your drains were cleaned? This is an important part of your plumbing maintenance. Having your drains cleaned can eliminate a lot of issues such as clogged toilets, flooding, and even foul odors in your home. At Delk Plumbing, Inc. we recommend that homeowners schedule routine drain cleaning at least once every other year.
Unfortunately, there are circumstances where you might need to have your drains cleaned more often. Thankfully, there are some signs you can look for that will indicate it is time for this service. Take a look at these warning signals below:
- Slow Drains: If you have slow drains in your home that have not improved with basic maintenance, drain cleaning can provide the answer.
- Clogs: Clogs in your drains and toilets are another warning signal that drain cleaning is needed.
- Multiple Issues: If you find that you have multiple clogs or slow drains you will need drain cleaning in order to remove the block and restore your system.
- Frequent Repairs: Frequent repairs are another warning sign that drain cleaning is needed. This can eliminate the repairs from happening again.
- Odors: Foul odors such as the smell of sewage is an indication that you have a block in your main sewer line. Drain cleaning can help eliminate this issue.
Do You Have a Slab Leak?
Slab leaks can be difficult to identify, and many homeowners are not aware they have this issue until it is too late, and a lot of damage has already been done. These leaks can be caused by many different issues such as poorly formed foundations, incorrectly installed piping systems, chemicals in your lawn, and vibrations or shifting of the earth.
In the long run, a slab leak is something that you want to take care of sooner rather than later. Thankfully, there are some signs you can look for that may indicate you have a leak.
- You notice mold or mildew in your basement.
- The sound of running water when the home is quiet and it is not raining.
- Holes or cracks around your foundation.
- Areas of the floor that are suddenly hot.
- You noticed water cooling where it typically does not.
- An increase in your water bills.
- A decrease in your water pressure.
- Your hot water heater continually cycles.
If you have noticed any of the above symptoms, this could indicate that you have an issue. As mentioned, the damage from this problem can be significant and very costly. If you live in the Ladson, SC area, reach out to Delk Plumbing, Inc. today. Our expert plumbers are trained and experienced identifying slab leaks, and we will provide you with a sound solution.
Looking for more helpful tips? Be sure to visit our news and media page and enjoy expert insight from our local pros.
Why Choose Us
Delk Plumbing, Inc. has been a locally run and family-owned business since 1978. Our expert plumbers are trained and certified to handle any issues with your plumbing. If you are a resident of the Ladson, SC community, reach out to us with any water heater, drain cleaning, gas line, or slab leak issues. As your expert plumbing company, our goal is to help you find that ideal plumbing repair when you need it most!