Plumbing issues can strike your home at a moment’s notice. If you are lucky enough to catch a leak or clogged toilet early, the damage will typically not be too bad. On the other hand, if a repair is left to fester, the fallout can be significant. This is where the experts come in to help. Having a reliable and experienced plumber you can trust is as important as your plumbing system itself. If you are in the Charleston, SC area, let Delk Plumbing, Inc. take care of your piping needs. From minor repairs to major replacements, our plumbing contractors are here to make your home comfortable and safe.
Want to know more about our work? Be sure to visit our reviews page to hear from some of our long-time customers.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repair
The sewer line in your home is how all of the wastewater is removed. If you think of your plumbing system as a road system, the sewer line is the highway. It has the most congestion and needs to be kept in good repair. If the damage is not fixed quickly, it can cause a number of problems.
With that being said, there are signs you can watch out for that will indicate your line is in need of repair. Take a look at the signals below:
- Sewage Smells: If you notice a sewage smell in your bathroom or around the area where the sewer line lies, there could be a leak or back up.
- Slow Drains: Typically, a sewer line backup will affect more than one drain in the home but not always. If you have drains that are slow to empty or don’t drain at all, this could point to your sewer line.
- Reversed Drains: Another sign is if you see water coming back up through your drains. This can happen in the toilet, tub, sink, etc.
- Bubbling Noise: A bubbling or gurgling sound coming from your toilets and sinks is also an indication of sewer line damage.
- Free Standing Water: Water that has gathered or is freestanding around the line itself is a warning sign that you need to have your system inspected ASAP.
Sewer line repair can cost thousands in the way of fees and damages if it is not taken care of right away. If you are in the Charleston, SC area, give us a call as soon as you see the first sign of trouble.
Professional Drain Cleaning
Drain cleaning services are another important aspect of your plumbing system. Your drains are the elimination system for all your sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets. Over time, debris such as food, hair, and dirt go down the drain and can cause clogs and other issues. Thankfully, professional drain cleaning is an easy and noninvasive way to keep everything running smoothly.
Below, you will find the most common signs that your drains need to be cleaned out.
- Slow Drains: Drains that are slow to drain or are not draining at all can be caused by several issues. Dirt, hair, and other debris can become clogged. Also, food such as oil, grease, or mineral buildup can narrow the inner pipe causing a slower drain.
- Multiple Clogs: If you have more than one drain that is clogged, chances are you have a clog in the main drain line that is stopping the flow of wastewater from the entire home.
- Consistent Clogs: Clogs that keep coming back are typical of a blockage in the mainline. If you have successfully cleared the drain only to have it come back within a few days, there is most likely a bigger issue deeper in the piping system.
- Backed Up Water: If you have water that is coming up through your drains, this can again indicate an issue with the main drain line. Unfortunately, this can also cause flooding where you will have sewage overflow into your home.
Do you have a clog that just won’t quit? Give Delk Plumbing, Inc. a call today! Residents in the Summerville and Charleston area have relied on us since 1978 and still do today!
Replacing Your Water Heater
There is nothing worse than a cold shower first thing in the morning. Although repairing your water heater is an option, there comes a time when the unit will need to be replaced. One of the harder decisions homeowners face, however, is determining when the right time is to replace the system.
Take a look at these situations and signs that it is time to replace your water heater:
- If the age of the water heater is more than three quarters through its lifespan and you have frequent repairs.
- The unit does not heat the water as effectively as it once did.
- The water is rust-colored or smells and tastes metallic.
- Leaks are apparent around the water heater.
- There is rust and corrosion on the unit.
- Energy bills have increased due to the unit’s inefficiency.
- You notice cracks anywhere on the unit.
- Water can not be drained through the drain valve.
Not only do we work with your budget, but also we offer financing options to help make water heater replacements a viable option for your home.
Your Local Plumbing Experts
Plumbing in residential homes is an important part of your modern life and convenience. Keeping the system in good repair is imperative to keep your family comfortable throughout the year. Delk Plumbing, Inc. is the expert plumbing company in the Charleston, SC area. As a locally owned and family operated business, we have been a part of the community since 1978. Whether you’re dealing with a clogged drain or want to add more comfort to your home with an all-new water heater, our goal is to help you make the most of your plumbing system.