One of the most important aspects of owning a home is knowing who to call when things go wrong. While you might not realize it, your plumbing system is critical to your daily routine. Whether you’re taking a hot shower, flushing your toilet, or simply using the fixtures throughout your home, you need a properly working system to make the most of it.
Unfortunately, at some point or another, Summerville and Charleston, SC homeowners will be faced with a plumbing repair issue. Before you start searching for DIY solutions, put your trust in a plumbing company that cares. At Delk Plumbing, Inc., we’re dedicated to your comfort and safety. No matter the plumbing issue you’re dealing with, you can count on our staff for a long-lasting solution.
Currently, we serve the following areas:
- Goose Creek
- James Island
- Moncks Corner
- North Charleston
- Mount Pleasant
- West Ashley
- Daniel Island
- Folly Beach
- Isle Of Palms
- Kiawah Island
- Seabrook Island
- John’s Island
- Wadmalaw Island
- Sullivan’s Island
- Cane Bay
One of the most common plumbing issues you can face in your home is a clogged drain. Be sure to ask about our routine drain cleaning, and take the guesswork out of plumbing care.
Signs You Need Plumbing Service
While plumbing repairs should always be left for the pros to handle, it’s still important to know what symptoms might be a warning sign for a major plumbing repair. Some of the more common symptoms we see in the home’s of our customers include:
- Low water pressure
- Slow drainage
- Water leaks
- Poor water quality
- High utility costs
- Water damage
- Foul odor
- Clogged sinks and tubs
The biggest concern when it comes to plumbing issues is home damage. Even a small water leak, for example, can damage drywall and lead to mold growth if left unaddressed. Because of this, it’s critical to pay attention to the warning signs your home may be giving you. Anytime a system in your home isn’t working as it should, it’s always best to contact a pro.
Why Opt for a Water Heater Replacement?
The water heater in your home is likely one of the most used appliances. Whether you’re taking a hot shower or washing overly greasy dishes, losing access to hot water is never a good thing. While we offer water heater repair services for all types of water heaters including electric, natural gas, and propane-powered units, at some point, a replacement may be best. Consider a water heater replacement if:
- Your Unit is Over 15 Years Old: Like any appliance in your home, your water heater has an expected shelf life. Once it reaches those later years, 10 years and on, it can easily start to cause repair issues in your home.
- There’s Rust In the Water: Because your water heater is in constant contact with water, the metal is prone to deterioration. Rust buildup can sometimes be cleaned out, but if your entire tank is rusted out, a replacement unit will be needed.
- The Unit is Riddled with Leaks: Water leaks are never a good thing, and can easily pour gallons of water into your home. While minor leaks can be repaired easily, once the tank is compromised, this a larger concern.
- The Heating Elements Are Damaged: The heating elements are responsible for heating the water inside your system. If they’re damaged or producing fluctuating water temperatures, a new unit may be best.
- Requires Constant Repairs: At some point, the number of repairs you pay for on your old water heater can easily outweigh the cost of a new unit. If your water heater is over 10 years old and facing a major repair issue, consider a replacement instead.
Opting for a high-efficiency hot water heater will not only help you gain access to a quality supply of hot water, but also it can add value to your home and help lower your energy costs. In addition to standard water heaters, we also offer tankless water heater installations, giving homeowners the ultimate hot water solution!
Water quality can play a major role in the deterioration of your water heater. Ask about our water softener installations to see if your home could benefit from filtered water!
Reliable Plumbing Solutions Near You
At Delk Plumbing, Inc., our goal is to help homeowners in Summerville, Charleston, and the surrounding areas. Whether you’re dealing with a clogged drain or need help with a water heater replacement, you can count on us. Since opening our doors in 1978, our goal has been to offer customers top-rated service.
Don’t see your neighborhood on our list? Not to worry! Contact us today and we’ll do our best to help you find a high-quality plumbing solution for your home needs.